Organic Chia Seed
Organic Chia Seed
Chia seed, grown from Salvia Hispanica, is an ancient nutrient packed food source grown throughout Latin America known for providing sustained energy over time. It is said Aztec warriors used chia seeds to boost their energy and increase their stamina, More recently, chia seed is considered to be a raw superfood and one of the healthiest nutrient sources on the planet.
Chia seeds can be eaten one of three ways. Dry, wet or sprouted.
When eaten dry, the taste is similar to a poppy seed; a very dense seed with a medium to hard crunch.
When eaten wet in cereal, yogurt, water, etc; the seeds become slightly soft, sweet and plump. A seed forms a nutritious gelatin layer around almost resembling tapioca pearls and actually can be used as such in various pudding recipes.
Sprouted Chia seed can be used as a substitute for sprouts.
Portland Oil's Chia seeds are jammed packed with nutrients and conveniently packaged for your purse, desk, restaurant tables, or on your spice rack. Perfect to add to salads, dressings, dips, cream cheese, soups, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, sandwiches, wraps, muffins, bread, cake and cookies.
Make into a tapioca pudding or use the seeds as an egg substitute. Add as a supplement into your chicken feed to have rich in Omega 3 eggs hatched.
100% Organic Chia Seeds
- High in Quality Protein
- Fiber Loaded with Fibrous Carbs
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Very high Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Impressive Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, and Phosphorus content
- Substantial nutritional value with little amount of calorie intake
- Includes significant amounts of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (niacin), Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2, Potassium, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin).
- Iron and sodium
- Also includes Vitamins B9 (Folate), Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin A
- Seeds can be used as an egg substitute in Vegan or other dietary needs.