Already high in Omega 3 and 6's, our oils pair perfectly with seafood for a delicious meal.
1 to 3 pounds skin-on salmon fillets (8 ounces per person)
Portland Oil Organic Chia Oil
Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 425°F: Heat the oven to 425°F with a rack placed in the middle. Line a roasting pan or baking sheet with foil.
- Pat the salmon dry: Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel
- Rub the salmon with chia oil, salt, and pepper: Drizzle some chia oil over the top of each fillet — just enough to coat the salmon — and rub it over the salmon with your fingers or a pastry brush. Sprinkle the salmon generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon fillets in the roasting pan: Place the salmon in the roasting pan, skin-side down.
- Roast for 4 to 6 minutes per half-inch thickness of salmon: Roasting time depends on the thickness of your salmon, as determined by the thickest part of the salmon fillet. For every half-inch of salmon, roast 4 to 6 minutes — 4 minutes will give you salmon that is still a touch rare, 6 minutes will thoroughly cook it.
- Salmon is done when easily flaked: You can also check the doneness of your salmon with a fork. When the salmon flakes easily with a fork, it's ready. If you like, you can use an instant read thermometer to check the fish for doneness. The USDA recommends a minimum internal temperature of 145°F, which should be measured at the thickest part of the fillet.
- A squeeze of lemon and Chia Oil finish: Squeeze lemon juice thoroughly over topside of fillet and to liking. Drizzle a slight finishing brushstroke touch of organic chia oil.
- Serve immediately: Enjoy your salmon immediately.